Luke Rhinehart’s new novel is a grand satirical vision that employs the same comic voice as The Dice Man to address the new chaos unfolding in the world’s wars and economic collapse.
JESUS INVADES GEORGE answers the simple question:
What would have happened if George Bush had awakened one morning in 2007 and found he’d become possessed by Jesus?
In this alternative history, the answer is plenty. When Jesus gets the ball rolling with plans to withdraw immediately all American forces from the entire Middle East, the men who have made George — Dick, Don and Karl — desperately begin plotting to stop this loony traitor. In this hilarious history you will also learn:
- Why Karl believed that his Policy of Eternal War would mean Republican governments ’til death do us part.
- How George, in Sadr City, with only a single body guard, survived many assassination attempts, only to be nearly done in by a pizza.
- How General Boom planned to conquer the entire world.
- What happened when Jesus and George made love to Laura.
- What happened when George dropped out of the sky into a rowboat to hold a summit with Tony Blair that almost led to an international incident.
- How George, in the Holy Land, almost walked on water.
- What happened when Laura hired the world’s foremost exorcist to rid George of the terrible spirit possessing him.
- How the democratic candidates for President, Hillary and Barack, suddenly found they were to the right of George Bush on just about every issue and didn’t know how to deal with it.
- And finally, how Dick and Don rallied the establishment to do what it took to save the nation from George, the new Christian terrorist.
- And finally, how the 2008 election turned out and the world lived happily ever after.
Buy Jesus Invades George paperback.